Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Backyard

As I leave my apartment I am greeted with an ocean breeze as I take a short walk to enter my playground. I can run until I get tired and never have to cross the same path. The paths wind through the park filled with trees one one side and then runs along the beach on the other. My backyard has multiple soccer fields, basketball courts, a skate park, a workout facility, and shaded cabanas to stop and grab an agua de coco or quick snack for more energy. The view can be seen on many postcards, but for me, the Sugar Loaf mountain feels like just an arms length away. Only 100 yards from my building is my side patio. This includes towering trees hundreds of years old, paths the cross bridges over water, a musuem, art exhibits, and frequent visits from local musicians playing live music.

The best part of it all is that I do not have to mow the grass, pay a landscaper, have HOA or membership dues, or put chemicals in the water. It is all part of God's magnificent creation and I just get to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment