Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'd Die a Happy Man

Every time I walk out of my apartment, I encounter something new and exciting. Sometimes it's people acting neurotically in the streets, maybe a clown on stilts, perhaps a man on a train with more items attached to him for sale than Ace Hardware, or just an open air fruit market for the day. Today as I was walking in the park I saw green tropical birds and then when I was walking back from the free gym, I stopped on the boardwalk to soak in the moment. On one side there was the statue of Cristo peaking out of the clouds and on the other crystal clear skies with mountains jutting out of the ocean. I could only praise God for how good He is to me and allowing me to experience this beauty. I thought that if I died today, I die a happy man. Just about at that moment, I looked a few feet below me and there was a dead body washed up on the beach...not kidding.

1 comment: